Smart Water Plus Water Softener
Hard water can be much more problematic that you think. It can cause buildup of mineral scale in inside your appliances and plumbing. It can block your water supply and cause appliances like dishwashers and washing machines to fail. Hard water stains kitchen and bathroom fixtures and reduces the effectiveness of soaps and detergents, meaning that you and your clothing will not get as clean.
End the troubles of hard water with a Smart Water Plus water conditioner. Our Smart Water Plus series of water softeners remove hard water-causing minerals from your water, leaving it soft, clean and better-tasting. Having soft water even saves you money. Enjoy the benefits of a Smart Water Plus water softener. Call and order yours today!
The Advantages of a Smart Water Plus Softener
- Soft water improves the efficiency of water-based heating systems & hot water systems and can extend the lift of your water heater by 50%.
- Counter-current regeneration means ultimate efficiency with less waste than most systems.
- Use only half the soap in the laundry, bathroom and kitchen as you normally would with hard water.
- Save money on hair conditioners and shaving cream by using 25% less product.
- Extend the lives of dishwashers, washing machines and other water-using appliances by 30%.
- Laundered clothes will be cleaner and last longer.
How Does A Smart Water Plus Water Softener Work?
- The untreated water enters the Control Valve where it is directed into the top of the Resin Tank and passes downward through a bed of resin. The resin will react with Calcium and Magnesium (the minerals that cause water hardness), by equally exchanging them for Sodium. When the water reaches the bottom of the tank, it is distributed up through a tube in the center of the tank into the Control Valve and through the outlet port as softened water.
- When the resin is saturated with minerals extracted from your water, it must be regenerated. After a backwash step to clean the resin bed, the Smart Water Plus softener uses upflow (for utmost efficiency) to flush brine solution through the resin tank, bathing the resin beads with Sodium, which replaces the accumulated Calcium and Magnesium that causes hardness.
- After brine is drawn into the resin tank, a rinse of water passes through the bed, rinsing the brine off. When the rinse cycles are finished, the resin-cleaning process is complete, and the bed is re-charged.
- The Control Valve will track your water usage and automatically perform the above processes