Smart Water Plus Twin Alternating Softener
Hard water might not sound like a severe issue for your home plumbing and appliances, but it is one of the leading causes of undue wear on your water-using appliances, and it can even lead to increased water utility bills! Scaling that results from magnesium and calcium ions found in hard water builds up in your pipes and restricts water flow. Hard water also dries out your skin and hair and cleans your body less effectively than soft water, meaning you and your clothing won’t get as clean.
You can put an end to the troubles caused by hard water with a Smart Water Plus water conditioner. Our Twin Alternating Softener is a meter-initiated twin-alternating softener that provides a continuous supply of softened water with no down time for regeneration. The Twin Alternating water softener series offers a robust and efficient solution for reducing mineral scale, soap usage, and energy consumption in your plumbing and other water-using equipment.
The Advantages of the Twin Alternating Softener:
- Soft water improves the efficiency of water-based heating systems and hot water systems and can extend the life of your water heater by 50%.
- Use only half the soap in the laundry, bathroom, and kitchen as you normally would with hard water.
- Counter-current regeneration means ultimate efficiency with less waste than most systems.
- Save money on hair conditioners and shaving cream by using up to 25% less product.
- Extend the lives of dishwashers, washing machines and other water-using appliances by 30%.
- Laundered clothes will be cleaner and last longer.
How Does the Twin Alternating Softener Work?
- The untreated water enters the Control Valve where it is directed into the top of the Resin Tank and passes downward through a bed of resin. The resin will react with Calcium and Magnesium, the hardness minerals, by equally exchanging them for Sodium. When the water reaches the bottom of the tank, it is distributed up through a tube in the center of the tank into the Control Valve and through the outlet port as softened water.
- When the resin is saturated with mineral (hard water) it must be regenerated. After a backwash step to clean the resin bed, a brine solution is flushed through the resin tank, bathing the resin beads with Sodium which replace the accumulated Calcium and Magnesium (hardness).
- After brine is drawn into the resin tank, a rinse of just water passes through the bed rinsing the brine off. When the rinse cycles are finished, the resin cleaning process is complete, and the bed is re-charged.
- The Control Valve will perform the above processes, track your water usage for you, and automatically put the second resin tank into service while the other regenerates.